Friday, January 8, 2010

nye goals follow-up

So far, I've done pretty good with some of the goals- I've worked out 4 of the last 5 days, and only totally boinked once (the tri team kids use that for when your body totally crashes), and I've stayed at around 1500 cal per day!

I think the toughest goal progress so far has been my "best friend" break-up.  As part of the getting rid of negative influences in my life, I finally had to end the friendship with my ex-boyfriend.  We've had this talk many times over the past year and a half since we broke up, but this time it feels very final, at least for the next 6 months until we graduate.  Like I told him in a lengthy letter (which I'm sure he barely skimmed), this was an excruciating decision but hopefully it'll be for the best. If our friendship can flourish later, then I suppose it was meant to be... and if not, well... that speaks for itself. Without going into more detail, all I can say is that it's going to be a rough few weeks at first cutting off all contact with him, and we will no doubt have some awkward social run-ins... but that's part of the healing process, I think. Looking back in 10 years, I'm sure this will seem ridiculous and trivial, but for now, it sucks; I've lost my best friend and my anchor and I feel a little bit adrift.

BUT, it's a new year, so what better time to start fresh? Here's to optimism and working toward good goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment