Tuesday, January 5, 2010

first 2010 post!

Let me start off by saying I don't know wtf is up with the photos... I tried a new layout and it messed up all the html somehow :( Granted, I don't think anyone else reads this right now...

That aside, HAPPY 2010, whoever is out there!

Everyone makes New Year's resolutions, but I'd wager to say that most of us fall very short of accomplishing most of them. This year, I'm going public with my goals, hopes, and my "one little word" that I'll be striving to achieve.

Drumroll please...

  • My one little word this year is "presence."  Basically, I'm going to be working towards having a better presence, in everything I do in life, both online and off. A lot of my goals for 2010 are based on achieving a greater presence, which I think will come from feeling and looking much better about myself and my life!
  • #1 goal- staying accountable to my goals through blogging at least twice a week. Hopefully I'll also develop an audience (thanks to the movie Julie/Julia for inspiring me!)
More goals:
  • Ideally, I would like to get my weight down to about 105-110 lbs (I'm at 127 now, meh)... and if not that low, certainly much more in shape. No more being winded hiking across campus, work on a flatter tummy and toned thighs. 
  • Get my thesis done in stages, rather than stressing the week before it's due. I'm an awful procrastinator, so this may be tough. However, I think having a good advisor will certainly help with this.
  • Save money by eating in as much as possible and trying to pick up either a regular job or just gigs on my days when I don't tutor. Also, only buying food that's on sale, only replacing clothes if I absolutely need to, cutting out cable, etc.
  • Nurture my creativity and my hobbies.  This is a big one for me. If nothing else, I need to scrapbook and crochet more often, and sing as much as possible when I'm at home to keep my voice somewhat in shape still. I also want to keep reading inspiring and creative blogs, like Apartment Therapy and Hostess with the Mostess!
  • Limit my contact with people who truly don't contribute anything positive to my life, and try to increase contact with people who add good things and make me happy to be around! I think that this and losing weight will be the two most difficult goals, but at the same time, I think they'd be the most beneficial in the long run.
  • Drink more water and moisturize FAR more often to get my skin lookin stellar!

that's it for now... time to hit the books for this online class. more goals to come in part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment